Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
RECOMMENDED UPDATE - v2.0.2
This is a security and maintenance patch for the 2.0 branch of MintCoin. As work towards the 2.1 overhaul is being extended, we are continuing to make adjustments and forward compatibility patches to our current release branch (2.0). Included in this release are a number of updates related to security. Though mostly edge cases, we feel it is important to include such patches for completeness.
SUPPORT FOR 3RD PARTY TRANSACTION URLS
Included in this release is optional support for 3rd party transaction URLs (Block explorer links). The setting is accessed from within the GUI's options window in the "Display" tab. Users can enter URLs to as many Block Explorers Transaction pages as they like and each entry (after restarting the client) will then be a clickable item in the transaction history's context menu.
This eliminates the need to manually copy/paste a TXID into a block explorer's search field. Some example URLs to include in this field are:
SECURITY / DEPENDENCIES UPDATES
- [f21ebad] Guard against OpenSSL's new strict DER checking
- [1696dc1] Miniupnpc 1.9 API compatibility
- [a5d130c] Fix invalid signature with crafted length (PPC)
CLI / GUI UPDATES
- [470bfb4] Optional support for 3rd party transaction URLs
-  Display the Berkeley DB version used in debug.log and RPC Console UI
- [e8e2d96] Clean up GUI Tooltips and status message handling
- [a07643d] Add new DNS Seeder from Fuzzbawls
- [02eea6f] Update Windows Installer Support Files
- [2edf6f2] Update Checkpoints
- [2a9ac23] [8ba9d18] Update OS Specific makefiles
- [bca38bc] Basic Documentation Update
HOW TO UPDATE
Since this release still runs on the single-file database format, updating is a simple process of replacing your binary executable from one of the downloads below. Please make sure that no MintCoin processes are currently running before replacing this file! Once the file has been replaced, start up your wallet/daemon as usual.
WINDOWS INSTALLER RETURNS
Windows clients now again have the option of using a self-contained installer (available below) to install MintCoin on their systems. The installer places the binaries in your Program Files folder and adds a handy Start Menu Icon for easy launching.
All startup and RPC commands from previous versions, as well as conf file format remain the same.
All Images, Logos, and GUI elements remain consistent with previous 2.0 branch releases.