Real time fake news detect
a google chrome extension for fake news detection in Twitter by its meta data at real time
- Aviv Netanyahu - Machine learning - avivne
- Dikla Gelbard-Solodkin - Machine learning - DiklaGelbard
- Aluma Gelbard - Chrome extension side - MissLummie
Created during HackZurich 2018 hackathon in order to solve SRF challenge "Battling Fake News" by ADA team
Data set was downloaded from ["Characterizing Political Fake News in Twitter by its Meta-Data"] (https://arxiv.org/pdf/1712.05999.pdf)
More relevant papers:
- Buntain, Cody, and Jennifer Golbeck. "Automatically Identifying Fake News in Popular Twitter Threads." Smart Cloud (SmartCloud), 2017 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2017.
- Shu, Kai, et al. "Fake news detection on social media: A data mining perspective." ACM SIGKDD Explorations Newsletter 19.1 (2017): 22-36.
- Vosoughi, Soroush, Deb Roy, and Sinan Aral. "The spread of true and false news online." Science 359.6380 (2018): 1146-1151.
- Castillo, Carlos, Marcelo Mendoza, and Barbara Poblete. "Predicting information credibility in time-sensitive social media." Internet Research 23.5 (2013): 560-588.
This project is licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.0 - see the LICENSE.md file for details