The Misty-Concierge-Template repository is an open-source collection of concierge skill templates for Misty II robots. As a Misty developer, you can use the code and documentation in this repository to quickly build and deploy skills that put Misty to work as a concierge in industries like hospitality, healthcare, education, eldercare, commercial real estate, retail, marketing, and even museums.
- C# - A C# implementation of the Misty Concierge Template, built with Misty's .NET SDK (Beta). Use the README in this directory to get started with a C# version of the template.
- img - Images and screenshots used in the documentation for this repository.
The skills you build with these templates focus on information sharing. Each template integrates with Dialogflow and other third-party APIs to give Misty the ability to handle voice interactions, answer questions, and look up information. As she listens and responds, Misty maintains eye contact with the speaker, moves her head and arms, blinks her LED, plays sounds, and changes her expression to invite engagement and delight those who speak to her. All of this interaction is built into the template for you to customize and build on for your own use case.
You can extend these templates to put Misty to work in a number of ways. For example:
- Misty could answer questions about local events, what's on the menu for dinner, or what the weather is like.
- She could take reservations and order tickets, or help with room service orders via further integrations with 3rd party services and point-of-sale systems.
- You could ask Misty to book cars or taxis.
- Misty could tell fun facts, tell jokes, or play games.
- You could ask Misty to page someone by sending an SMS through a service like Twilio.
- With other IoT integrations, Misty could control your smart home devices.
- Misty could be a personal assistant who can review your schedule and set reminders.
If you'd like to extend the templates, work on open issues, improve the documentation, add examples built on other services, or have ideas for other ways to advance the project, please feel free to submit a pull request.
To learn more about the technologies used in this project, check out these resources:
- Misty II .NET SDK (Beta) docs
- Dialogflow docs
- Foursquare Places API docs
New to contributing to open source? Here's how you can get started with this project.
- Fork or clone this repository. (Forking creates a copy of the repository under your account, and cloning without forking creates a remote copy of this repository on your local machine.)
- Create a branch to work on your changes:
git checkout -b <branch-name>
- Test your changes. When you're ready, submit a pull request from your fork or remote branch. (It's best to submit your PR against the
developbranch, in case other changes to the project are required before the code is merged into the
masterbranch.) Include a description of your changes. If your PR relates to an open issue, be sure to reference the issue number in the description or title of your PR.
- Wait for your changes to be reviewed, and work with the community to get it approved!
If you have questions about contributing to this project, please share them in the Misty Community Forums. We're excited to see the project grow!
- General. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MISTY ROBOTICS PROVIDES THIS SAMPLE SOFTWARE “AS-IS” AND DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. MISTY ROBOTICS DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THIS SAMPLE SOFTWARE. MISTY ROBOTICS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THIS SAMPLE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE.
- Use at Your Own Risk. YOU USE THIS SAMPLE SOFTWARE AND THE PRODUCT AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR (AND MISTY ROBOTICS DISCLAIMS) ANY AND ALL LOSS, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING TO ANY HOME, PERSONAL ITEMS, PRODUCT, OTHER PERIPHERALS CONNECTED TO THE PRODUCT, COMPUTER, AND MOBILE DEVICE, RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SAMPLE SOFTWARE OR PRODUCT.
Please refer to the Misty Robotics End User License Agreement for further information and full details: https://www.mistyrobotics.com/legal/end-user-license-agreement/
Copyright 2020 Misty Robotics
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0