Arduino code for reading temperatures, talking to a GPS, and logging to an SD card and via XBee
Install Adafruit-SD, Adafruit-GPS, and Adafruit-MAX31855 libraries.
Tested with Arduino IDE 1.6.5. For Due support, go to Tools > Board > Boards Manager and install 32-bit Cortex M3 package.
- USB communication with host on 0, 1 (keep open for debugging)
- Powerboost shield: uses only 5V and GND pins.
- Thermocouple boards (MAX31855, qty. 3)
- CLK, MISO: on 6-pin SPI header next to Arduino logo; check pinout
- CS: 10, 4, 52 for CS0, CS1, and CS2 respectively
- GPS/SD logging shield
- For GPS, switch on shield set to SoftSerial, then jumpered 7 -> 18 (TX1), 8 -> 19 (RX1)
- For SD card, software SPI on 13-11, 9, using Adafruit SD library, initialized with
SD.begin(9, 11, 12, 13)
- Modify shield: cut trace right next to pin 10 on underside of shield. Jump pin 9 to hole labeled CS.
- XBee shield
- Switch set to DLINE
- Blobs for pins 2, 3 desoldered
- DOUT under XBee wired to: 17 (RX2)
- DIN under XBee wired to: 16 (TX2)