Prog&Play is a library designed for Real Time Strategy games (RTS). It enables player to program easily and interactively units of the video game. More details on Prog&Play pages.
Currently Prog&Play is integrated into the Spring engine.
Binaries are available at: http://progandplay.lip6.fr/download.php?LANG=en
This repository includes source code of the Prog&Play library. It is composed by the pp directory that includes low level source code of Prog&Play and Client_Interfaces directory that includes interfaces of Prog&Play in different programming langages (It is one of these interfaces that the player has to use).
- Important note: Prog&Play need libraries included into SpringPP repository, you have to organise your folders to install ProgAndPlay repository and SpringPP repository in the same folder.
- Download following archive (MinGW-gcc4.4.zip), it contains g++ compiler based on MinGW. Unzip this archive at the root of the drive "C:". Update your environment variables:
- Create a new variable named MINGW with "C:\MinGW-gcc4.4" as value;
- Update your PATH by adding in first value: "%MINGW%\bin".
- Msys (Minimal system), install it in your C:\ directory => C:\msys\1.0\bin do not have been included in your pass
- For Ocaml, install standard GCC3.4.5 (GCC4.4 is incompatible), install in C:\MinGW-gcc3.4.5\
- To compile, type: mingw32-make
- To test an example
Linux compilation (tested on Ubuntu 16.04)
- Get dependencies (install development packages)
- Boost (tested with v1.58)
- Rapidxml (tested with v1.13)
- Rapidjson (tested with v0.12)
- Jdk (tested with v8)
- Ocaml (tested with v4)
- Gnat (tested with v4.9)
- Build libraries and examples
- To compile, just type: make
- Test an example
- Launch the updated version of Spring engine for Prog&Play and play a game (you have to compile this version by yourself).
- Move into the Client_Interface folder you want to test
- Run example program (You probably need to add "." to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or install .so files in suitable folder)
- Observe results into the game