Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- Read this page before filing a new issue. Also details on false positives and our policy on browser bugs.
- How to write tests in the new V3 test environment
- links to shims and polyfills that add functionity of new features to older browser. they work well in combo with modernizr's detects.
- things that maybe cannot be feature detected.
- modernizr-server (php)
- rack modernizr (ruby)
- django modernizr
- modernizr-rails (rails 3.1+)
- detector (php)
- Modernizr for Grails / (github sources) (Grails 1.3++)
- Modernizr for Rails Asset Pipeline
- modernizr-server for Express
Other feature detection projects:
- netzgesta supports
- has.js covers common browser bugs and base features
- Raynos/feature covers Host object detection
- diveintohtml5 peeks pokes and pointers & detect everything (deprecated)
Device detection projects:
- Categorizr modern device detection script that categorizes devices into 4 categories; desktop, tv, tablet, or mobile. This project is no longer being maintained or actively developed.
- Detector by dmolsen
- caniuse uses Modernizr for testing, but its a human-curated list of features and their availability in past and future browsers. (Plus % share of browsers with each feature)
- html5please recommends how to implement a number of newer browser features.
- browserfeatures is a JSON document cross-referencing features and the various browser bug tracker tickets that own them
Sites that use Modernizr
- Microsoft.com, Twitter.com, Github.com, NFL, posterous, finishline, american eagle, ... http://trends.builtwith.com/topsites/Modernizr
Modernizr is used by projects like
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.