S-View ALL the Covers!
Forces S-View to work with 3rd party cases on Samsung's 4.4.2, bypassing verification.
Samsung's KitKat update started checking sysfs for values populated when a case is connected.
The aforementioned sysfs paths are:
- Color: /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/w1_master_check_color
- Height: /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/w1_master_check_height
- Width: /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/w1_master_check_width
- Type: /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/w1_master_check_id
- Verification: /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/w1_master_verify_mac
Cover type is 2 for 3rd party cases, further digging into Samsung's code revealed that the possible IDs are:
- 0 = standard flip cover
- 1 = S-View cover
- 2 = No cover
- 3 = S-View cover with Qi charging
This module forces type 1, and disables verification by always returning true.