This project is designed to allow easy creation of OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) templates and provides a bulk scanner which can be used for processing large amounts of images from a tray fed scanner.
The project is made up for three components:
Core Processing Assembly:
Allows easy integration of the OMR engine into your application
Allows the creation of OMR form templates which are used for detecting answers from scanned images
An application which will bulk read data from a scanner and save the results to a formatted XML file. It also provides extension points for writing handlers for processed images.
- Form Designer – Allows easy creation of form scanning templates
- Batch Scanner – Can scan multiple documents from a sheet-fed scanner
- Works with WIA compliant scanners
- Auto Correction of Images
- Size adjustment (i.e. design the form with letter sized paper and scan in A4)
- Rotation adjustment (i.e. fix crooked scans)
- Color Adjustment (i.e. gets rid of light dirt and other artifacts from scanned image)
- Save output CSV / XML