Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This release represents the latest build of the OpenIZ disconnected client installer and vanilla Android Application (APK) tagged 0.9.4.
- Multi-threaded access to the SQLite databases resulting in a performance gain for some tablets with multiple cores
- Enhancements to the user interface framework including improved templates for AEFI, immunization, and reporting.
- Improved synchronization reconciliation with the server (less conflicts in the sync centre)
- Reduced audit "chattiness", resulting in less audit files being sent to the server.
- Windows Disconnected Client now supports --debug and --reset to enable debug tools and reset environment files respectively.
This version of the disconnected client has improved detection of server availability with the PING request. Unfortunately that means that running this app against an older OpenIZ IMS server (pre 0.9.2) will result in downloads not occurring. To correct this please update your copy of the OpenIZ IMS.
This version of the disconnected client is designed to work with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems. Please note that you will need an OpenIZ IMS with an installed applet base to use this application. The application will start in default "Welcome to OpenIZ" mode without server applications enabled.
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Server 2008R2) or higher.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 or higher
- 200 MB Hard Drive Space (1 GB recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
Performance Note - Turn down logging
By default, the Windows client is configured to log everything. This results in massive log files and slows the app down. To prevent this set the Log settings to Errors only or Errors and Warnings:
This version of the disconnected client is designed to work with Google Android phones and tablets. Please note that you will need an OpenIZ IMS with an installed applet base to use this application. The application will start in default "Welcome to OpenIZ" mode without server applications enabled.
- Android 5.0 + recommended (4.4 will work, however there are some display issues)
- 1 GB tablet RAM available (2 GB recommended)
- 200 MB Storage Space
Software Development Kit (SDK)
This release also includes the first pre-release of the disconnected client software development kit. The SDK includes tooling which allows developers to compile their own applets and get started developing applets. The SDK includes the following tools:
- Applet Compiler - Which compiles source applet code into PAK files which can be uploaded to a OpenIZ IMS server.
- Log Viewer - Which allows you to easily view log files generated by the OpenIZ Disconnected Client and Mini IMS
- MINI IMS - Which allows you to debug your applets in a faster fashion, simply editing the files on disk and refreshing a browser
- Business Rules Debugger - Allows you to load data and debug/step through the business rules that are run on the disconnected core
- Clinical Protocol Debugger - Allows you to load clinical protocols to test the generation of care plans.
- Brain Bug - A tool that allows you to suck the contents of an APK off a device and view with the other tooling available in OpenIZ DC SDK.