“Immersive Engagement Study” with Associated Press This study was about how immersive mediums affect user’s state-of-mind.
- 12 Participants
- different VR devices
- Four Stories
- Datasets: Motion Captured, EEG(Brainwave), Heart Rate
What is the project about? Visualize the testers’ motion data, and bio data
- participants had the highest levels of open-mindedness - being attracted to a topic, but not alarmed - on the room-scale VR setting, while the cardboard elicited the highest level of stimulation, which is associated with individuals being more attentive than they are relaxed. Dataset: CSV. ( Heart Rate, Sentiments ) Dan_elephants_cardboard Dan_elephants_samsung Dan_into the blue_vive Dan_mosul_cardboard Dan_mosul_samsung Dan_new orleans_cardboard Dan_new orleans_samsung Dan_new orleans_samsung2 FBX. ( Motion Captured )
How it process : combine bio data with motion captured data different colors reprsent different emotion stages ability to compare different stories
The goals : To compare the different reactions between devices and stories.
For more details, please visit the links below Final slides - https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bsXC0tL6inGt-mQs-LRCfE_mXqu2cU-2iZishAec-IM/edit#slide=id.g2a3b456d1f_0_216 demo video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCMU0-DdtUM https://vimeo.com/251728866
To run this file
- after cloning the file, open it in Unity.
- and go to Build settings and set your device to IOS (I design this app for iphone 7 layout 750x1334 )
- In player settings, assign unique name to bundle identifier and change bundle name.
- hit the Build button
- after built, open xcode file from the file that you just created
- check the bundle identifier and bundle name are correct as you name.
- for signing, log in with your apple account.
- connect your phone to computer, and set to change your device instead of generic ios device as default setup
- hit the top left arrow key to run!
- while it is transfering, keep your phone awake!