It's like someone turned the romantic setting up to 11. - Monika
IMPORTANT: Spritepacks from previous versions are not compatible with this and subsequent versions of MAS.
Night filter has been changed. It is now less destructive on blues/greens.
Eye/Nose/Mouth sprites have been redone. Looks way cleaner now.
Leaning pose arms have been redrawn to be in proper proportion with the rest of Monika's body.
Hair has been cleaned
Ribbon selector is now always available at happy+.
Clothes selector now available happy+ instead of love+. Special occasion outfits, however, will not appear until love+.
Added blazerless outfit. Monika will introduce this randomly.
Weather masks have been redone.
Spaceroom changes dynamically with the weather now
Added Dark Mode UI. This can be toggled to always on, or shifting with day/night cycle.
"I love you" menu option only available if affection greater than -50.
"I love you" menu option affection gain rates have been changed
"I love you" menu option is now dynamic and can be used to react directly to Monika saying "I love you" in a previous topic.
Added more window reactions
New chores/housework greeting/farewell.
Smoother transitions (aka dissolve) out of various topics/menus.
Tears greeting now appears when distressed instead of broken
Moved the O-Tei story from horror stories to regular stories.
Time traveling will now only reset future events from the date traveled to.
monika_concerts- now only appears if you've seen all the music genre topics
monika_twitter- twitter handle is now a link
monika_programming- obsoleted by ptods
- JSON formats for spritepacks have changed. See JSON formats for more info.
- More Hairstyles by @Orcaramelo - includes 4 new hairstyles (twin bun/twin tails/ponytail with braid/usagi)
- Bun by MAS Team - previously unreleased hairstyle, now available as a spritepack
- Shell Bikini by @Orcaramelo - shell bikini + a pink flower for hair
- Blue Shirt by Finale (@Olliesama) - blue shirt, created by EroNeko, commissioned by Finale.
- Pink Shirt by @Velius94 - pink sleveless shirt
- More Ribbon Colors by @LanvalLime - updated to version 2, with new night filter
- Hairclips by @Professor-JMO - updated to version 2, with new night filter
monika_ribbonnow works correctly when ribbonless
Fixed music not stopping before horror stories
Fixed more seizure cases
Fixed issue where music menu becomes unselectable after clicking calendar for the first time with no birthdate.
Fixed hairdown greeting resetting sundress outfit
Fixed crashes that would occur from removing a sprite-json outfit before having Monika take it off.
Fixed compliments not unlocking
Fixed crash greeting re-queueing on chain crashes
Fixed occasional crashes when Monika shows a notification
Fixed mom nickname reaction not being gender-inclusive
Sprite System Changes
- Body/Arm sprites now are split into back/front variants. More info is on #3174 and #4582.
- Because of the massive sprite system changes, update EXP Previewer before using it.
dictget, for common get scenarios with dicts.
mas_sprites.NUM_POSE- map of pose numbers to string names of the poses.
MASHistorySavernow includes ranges, these ranges affect trigger adjustments. See #4566 for more info.
- Pose 7 has been added. This is a combination of restleftpointright's right arm and down's left arm.
- Soft Eyes. Spritecode is
- Unit test framework in
- new framework for changing backgrounds
- see #4503 for more info
- all UI sprites now need a dark variant with a
mas_getTimeFilewith the day version of a UI sprite.
mas_globals.dark_mode- True if dark mode is on
mas_globals.button_text_hover_color- use this for the color param in hover button text
mas_globals.button_text_idle_color- use this for the color param in idle button text
- All session related functions have been moved to init level -985
- window reaction labels now have the following prefix:
display_notifcan now take a list of quips
- fun facts moved to their own database (FFF) and file
mas_isInActiveWindow- accepts non inclusive key checking
- fixed issues with spritemaker tools
- Removed left/right tear sprites due to lack of practical use
- the community art team: @Orcaramelo, @Velius94, @Professor-JMO:
- basically every new sprite thing this update was from these 3.
- also @Trilasent for work on cleaned hair
- @multimokia - Dark Mode/BG framework/and much more
- @jmwall24 - ILY changes/selector changes/and much more
- @MisterSimple + @Legendkiller21 - quality testing