ColorHighlighter is a plugin for the Sublime Text 2 and 3, which unobtrusively previews hexadecimal color values by underlaying the selected hex codes in different styles and icons. Also, plugin adds color picker, color format converter and less/sass variables navigation to easily modify colors.
- Recommended - Using Sublime Package Control
Package Control: Install Package
- Alternatively, download the package from GitHub into your
- For icons install ImageMagick
- For color picker on linux install Qt5 framework.
Just click or move the cursor (or multiple cursors) on the color code e.g. "#FFFFFF" and it'll be highlighted with its real color. These color formats are currently supported:
- All CSS color formats.
- Hexadecimal RGBA ("#FFFFFFFF").
- Hexadecimal ARGB ("#FFFFFFFF") (if you set the setting argb to true).
- Named colors like "green", "black" and many others.
- Less/sass/scss/stylus variables (supports importing from another files).
- [VAL, VAL, VAL] and [VAL, VAL, VAL, VAL] when editing *.sublime-theme files. Where VAL can be the following:
- An integer: from 0 to 255.
- A float value from 0.0 to 1.0, you can also skip leading zero (like that: .25)
- A percentage from 0% to 100%.
You can choose the highliting style from:
- "Filled", "outlined", "none" in ST2.
- "Filled", "outlined", "none", "underlined" (solid, strippled, squiggly) in ST3.
You can also turn on highlighting all colors at once. This mode has own highlighting style, so you can highlight all colors with underline and selected colors with filled rect.
You can also enable icons, which will be shown in the gutter of a file (ST3 only).
You can also set ColorHighlighter to use Hexadecimal ARGB instead of RGBA.
You can always turn off default keybindings via main menu.
Color picker usage:
Just put the cursor (or multiple cursors) on the color code and select "Choose color" in context menu (or press
ctrl+shift+c). Select the color in a popup color picker and all color codes under your cursors will change. The change will preserve exact code format, so if you select two codes "#FFF" and "rgb(255,255,255)" and choose color "#FF0000", in the end you get two codes like that: "#FF00FF" and "rgb(255,0,0)".
Color converter usage:
Just put the cursor (or multiple cursors) on the color code and select "Convert color" in context menu (or press
ctrl+shift+a). Input a color format to use and press enter.
Format can be any format supported by this plugin, for example if you convert "rgb(255,255,255)" into format "hsv(1,1%,1%)" or just "hsv", you'll get "hsv(0, 0%, 100%)". You can also use shortcuts (rgb, rgba, etc...). Works with named colors (both ways).
Also, there is a Prev/Next color commands, triggered by
ctrl+shift+. respectively to choose previous or next color format.
Less/sass/scss/stylus variables navigation:
Just put cursor on a variable, right click on it and press "Go to variable definition" and the plugin will open it. There is also a shortcut