Tiled Lua to Moo Map Converter
Converts Lua maps exported from Tiled into the "Moo" map format (Moosader's Format)
Sample Converted format: https://github.com/Moosader/Tiled-Lua-to-Moo-Map-Converter/blob/master/Samples/SampleNew.moo
It's more verbose and lengthy, but I prefer having each tile define its own X,Y position & dimensions. This way, I could easily use tiles (or "stamps") of different sizes, and the tiles don't have to be in order, since the X,Y position isn't dependent on a tile's index.
To get all of the features of the map converter, you need to do a few things with your map:
- To have Collisions specified, create a Layer called "Collision" or "collision".
- To have tiles specified as "above" the player, create a Layer called "Above" or "above".
- To have Warps specified, create an Object layer and name an Object "Warp" or "warp".
And of course, export your tmx map files as .lua files
** View changes to the map spec at: https://github.com/Moosader/Tiled-Lua-to-Moo-Map-Converter/wiki/Version-Changes **
Using the Converter
Update the config.lua file to specify input and output files and some other options, then run (from the terminal):
I originally had created this map converter to change a Lua map to a more plaintext format. I am using this with my Legacy of Xmas game, written with Java and LibGDX
Lua Map Converter - z-lib license
Copyright (c) 2012, Rachel J. Morris (RachelJMorris@gmail.com)
This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions:
- The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required.
- Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original software.
- This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.