What is ClassClock?
ClassClock is a web app to give students and teachers easy access to:
- current date and time
- daily schedules (You are on the Mon/Tues Schedule)
- the class period you are currently in (i.e. 2nd Period)
- a countdown until class is over
- the generic name of your next class (i.e. 3rd Period)
ClassClock is useful for:
- Teachers - to check how much teaching time is left in class
- Students - to remind themselves of where they need to be and when
- Parents - to see the optimal time to contact their student without interfering with instruction time
- Everyone - to have quick and easy access to varied schedules that may otherwise be complicated, confusing or hard to remember
Here are some features to look forward to in a future version:
- Support for multiple schools (currently only supports one)
- Detection of block (A/B) schedules
- Countdown to school breaks (winter break, spriing break, summer .etc)
- Support for custom schedules (assemblies, parades, combined schedules etc.)
- The ability to change what is displayed
- The ability for students to upload their schedules to get more detailed information such as teacher name and room number
How to install?
ClassClock is a web-based app that can be saved to your phone's home screen or bookmarked in your browser for easy access.
- Navigate to ClassClock in Safari (not tested on other browsers)
- Click the "Share" or "Action" button (it looks like a square with an arrow pointing up out of the top)
- Click "Add to Home Screen" on the bottom row (you might have to scroll sideways to see it)
- Click "Done" in the top corner of the screen to add it to your home screen.
- Navigate to ClassClock (instructions for Google Chrome)
- Click the "Overflow" button on the top right of your screen (it looks like three vertical dots)
- Click "Add to Home Screen" button in the menu (it's about 2/3 of the way down)
- Click "Add" in the dialog box that pops up to add it to your home screen.