RockMUD (0.1.7) is a WebSockets MUD server with node.js.
History: RockMUD was spawned out of my love of MUDs and too many late night coffees.
- A Diku-like MUD experience from within the browser using HTML5 and NodeJS.
- Leverage HTML for MUD text.
- Fast Development
- Easy client GUI creation and triggering client side events.
- Real-time browser OLC and world management.
- Games should have little issue sharing items, areas and players.
Notes on dependencies:
- Not using a Node MVC framework.
- Not using any JS templating engines.
- Client side I use DOJO 1.9
- socket.io >= 1.0
- Node > .10.X
Some things Currently in 0.1.7:
- Simple architecture with no whitelisting of commands
- Character creation (Races, Classes, Stats, Passwords) and saving as json files.
- Uniform way of scripting commands -- with permission checking
- JSON areas
- Command aliases defined client side.
- Various 'standard' commands (ex: chat, who, look, help, score, save, title, quit, get, drop, say, kill)
- Basic Combat (kill )
- Ticks (ex: regen, messages, autosave, and hunger/thirst)
- Movement directions are not static
- AMD loading for client side scripts