by Cody Krieger
gfxCardStatus is an open-source menu bar application for OS X that allows users of unibody MacBook Pros with dual GPUs to monitor the status of, and switch between said GPUs.
Supported MacBook Pro Models
- Late 2008-2009 MacBook Pros with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated and 9600M GT discrete GPUs
- 2010 MacBook Pros with Intel HD integrated and NVIDIA GeForce 330M GT discrete GPUs
- 2011 MacBook Pros with Intel HD 3000 integrated and AMD Radeon HD 6xxxM discrete GPUs
- allows locking the system on one GPU or the other, or allowing automatic switching
- does not require you to log out or restart to switch GPUs - it's all done on the fly!
- allows you to see which GPU is in use at a glance in the menu bar - "i" for integrated, "d" for discrete
- Notifications ensure that you know exactly when the GPU changes, provided you have Growl installed or OS X 10.8
- light, fast, and minimalist. doesn't get in your way, and uses little to no system resources
Feature requests/bug reports are always welcome by email: cody [at] codykrieger [dot] com
Licensed under the New BSD License.
Copyright (c) 2010-2012, Cody Krieger All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* Neither the name of gfxCardStatus nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL CODY KRIEGER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.