What is this?
WinappDebug is a console tool for detecting errors in your winapp2.ini file, both syntactical and stylistic.
Detected syntax errors include:
- Improperly numbered or misspelled commands
- Improperly formatted RECURSE and REMOVESELF
- Improperly formatted %EnvironmentVariables%
- Missing pipes or equalities ( '|' or '=' )
- Improper targeting for registry & file specific commands (eg. RegKey points to a filesystem location or FileKey points to a registry location)
- Nested Wildcards in DetectFiles
- Trailing backslashes in DetectFiles
- VirtualStore directory formatting
Detected style errors include:
- Improper alphabetization ordering
- Improper CamelCasing
- Entries that are enabled by default
- Missing default states
- Leading and trailing whitespace
- Trailing whitspace and semicolons
- Duplicate commands on different lines
How to use
- Place WinappDebug.exe in a folder with Winapp2.ini
- Run WinappDebug.exe
The tool will run and generate as its output a description of any errors it finds, including the line number on which the error was found.