This is an extension for Thunderbird which allows you to view webapps in Thunderbird's tabs.
There are many extensions for viewing webpages in Thunderbird. This isn't what I think Thunderbird is for, webpages can be viewed in Firefox or whatever browser you prefer. Thunderbird is my communications centre and I use it to display communications related webapps like Google+, Google Reader, Google Groups, etc. and I want to be able to use those easily, opening links in the default browser where relevant.
The main goals are:
- Allow the user to configure a set of available webapps
- Provide a way for the user to open each webapp in a tab
- Any attempt to open a configured webapp (e.g. from a link in an email or anywhere else) should open it in the existing tab for the webapp if one exists or a new tab for the webapp in Thunderbird
- Any links clicked in the webapp that are to other sites should open in the default browser
- The webapp should behave as well in Thunderbird as it would if opened in Firefox
To build an XPI that can be installed into Thunderbird just run the
command and it will output
webapptabs.xpi into the current directory. This
will update any existing file without warning.
As always feel free to fork. This project is MPL/GPL/LGPL tri-licensed. The issues list contains all the things I know I want to fix, if you have other ideas then let's talk.