tablesorter (FORK) is a jQuery plugin for turning a standard HTML table with THEAD and TBODY tags into a sortable table without page refreshes. tablesorter can successfully parse and sort many types of data including linked data in a cell. This forked version adds lots of new enhancements including: alphanumeric sorting, pager callback functons, multiple widgets providing column styling, ui theme application, sticky headers, column filters and resizer, as well as extended documentation with a lot more demos.
- Because of the change to the internal cache, the tablesorter v2.16+ core, filter widget and pager (both plugin & widget) will only work with the same version or newer files.
- See the full documentation.
- All of the original document pages have been included.
- Information from my blog post on undocumented options and lots of new demos have also been included.
- Change log moved from included text file into the wiki documentation.
- Check the FAQ page.
- Search the main documentation (click the menu button in the upper left corner).
- Search the issues to see if the question or problem has been brought up before, and hopefully resolved.
- If someone is available, ask your question in the
#tablesorterIRC channel at freenode.net.
- Ask your question at Stackoverflow using a tablesorter tag.
- Please don't open a new issue unless it really is an issue with the plugin, or a feature request. Thanks!
- Basic alpha-numeric sort Demo.
- Links to demo pages can be found within the main documentation.
- More demos & playgrounds - updated in the wiki pages.
- Multi-column alphanumeric sorting and filtering.
- Multi-tbody sorting - see the options table on the main document page.
- Supports Bootstrap v2-4.
- Parsers for sorting text, alphanumeric text, URIs, integers, currency, floats, IP addresses, dates (ISO, long and short formats) & time. Add your own easily.
- Inline editing - see demo.
- Support for ROWSPAN and COLSPAN on TH elements.
- Support secondary "hidden" sorting (e.g., maintain alphabetical sort when sorting on other criteria).
- Extensibility via widget system.
- Cross-browser: IE 6.0+, FF 2+, Safari 2.0+, Opera 9.0+, Chrome 5.0+.
- Small code size, starting at 25K minified.
- Works with jQuery 1.2.6+ (jQuery 1.4.1+ needed with some widgets).
- Works with jQuery 1.9+ (
$.browser.msiewas removed; needed in the original version).
- Copyright (c) 2007 Christian Bach.
- Original examples and docs at: http://tablesorter.com.
- Dual licensed under the MIT or GPL licenses (pick one).
- Get all files: zip or tar.gz.
- Use bower:
bower install jquery.tablesorter.
- Use node.js:
npm install tablesorter.
- CDNJS: https://cdnjs.com/libraries/jquery.tablesorter
- jsDelivr: http://www.jsdelivr.com/?query=tablesorter
- Plugin for Rails. Maintained by themilkman.
- UserFrosting (A secure, modern user management system for PHP that uses tablesorter) by alexweissman.
- Grav CMS:
bin/gpm install tablesorter(ref).
- tablesorter-pagercontrols – programmatically adds pager controls below a table and applies the pager add-on for large HTML tables by isg-software.
If you would like to contribute, please...
- Make changes in a branch & add unit tests.
grunt test(if qunit fails, run it again - it's fickle).
- Create a pull request.
- Big shout-out to Nick Craver for getting rid of the
eval()function that was previously needed for multi-column sorting.
- Big thanks to thezoggy for helping with code, themes and providing valuable feedback.
- Big thanks to ThsSin- for taking over for a while and also providing valuable feedback.
- Thanks to prijutme4ty for numerous contributions!
- Also extra thanks to christhomas and Lynesth for help with code.
- And, of course thanks to everyone else that has contributed, and continues to contribute to this forked project!
View the complete change log here.
Version 2.28.8 (4/18/2017)
- Update version tags.
equalFiltersfunction; for more reliable comparisons.
equalFiltersfunction for comparison. See issue #1384.
resizable_includeFooteroption. Fixes issue #1386.
- Add options early to prevent validator message.
storage_storageTypeoption & deprecate
- Update dependencies x2.
Version 2.28.7 (4/4/2017)
- Remove "blur" event listeners. See issue #1360.
- Fix composer.json license.
Version 2.28.6 (4/2/2017)
- Prevent overwritting default
widgetOptions. Fixes issue #1356.
- Fix method of saving default widgetOptions. See issue #1356.
- Update column count after reset.
- Add fix it (in Abelt) note for issue #1362.
- Update widgets after
sortReset. Fixes issue #1361.
applyWidgetcallback now occurs after "tablesorter-ready" event
- Prevent overwritting default
- Stop build widget option warnings.
- Compare last search array (instead of a combined string). Fixes issue #1363.
- Stop option warnings. Fixes issue #1369.
- Add leading zero parser & demo.
- Add CSS highlight file; copied from the demo.