GPS Logger using CircuitPython
This is a standalone GPS logger built using Adafruit and Particle hardware. Code is in CircuitPython 4.x.
- Fully standalone GPS tracker ( not cell phone assisted).
- Location data is recorded to a micro SD card.
- Integrated screen showing basic location information.
- GPS coordinates are recorded only if the position changes by a certain predefined number of degrees. That way, we don’t end up with hundreds of recorded points for the same location if the device doesn’t move for a long period of time.
- Battery lasts for around 70 hrs. on a single charge. Also, it keeps working while charging.
- Integrated rechargeable battery (micro USB connector). It can be charged by pretty much any USB port or portable battery pack.
- GPS module sensitive enough to work indoors most of the time. Bluetooth BLE ready. However, this functionality is not used on this version.