Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This is in theory the last release before v2.0.0 with initial Gestalt integration. The first pass will come with our asset and module systems, so it should help making it easier to create and enable new content :-)
In the meantime this release contains misc changes from the last several months, including a new ship contributed in the middle of preparing this release, fun timing!
Immediately after this release we'll be merging in #129 which will break some stuff for a while, especially Android, until we stabilize the new system. @vampcat has been picked as one of our GSOC students and will be working on it over the summer
For full contents see #143 and/or https://github.com/MovingBlocks/DestinationSol/milestone/6?closed=1
- New ship: Imperial Scout. Actually a tiny bit smaller than the starting Guardian, with a few less HP, but also half the prize, making it easier to recover if you accidentally price yourself out of a usable ship plus weaponry. More notable for being another patrol ship that wanders the solar systems. Maybe in the future it could be a mercenary or a carrier-launched ship?
- Zoom issue on the map fixed
- Various text alignment / sizing fixes
- Fix for an item overflow bug
- Improvements to sfx/music volume settings
- Better protection from buying the ship you're already in or items you have equipped
Patch release with some recent fixes from v1.4.0 and in general.
- #113 / #114 - crash from trying to load a ship with too many items in the save (should be OK to load broken old saves with)
- #109 / #110 - mercenaries now start with an appropriate weapon so they'll be helpful without an awkward weapon item throwing phase
- #102 / #108 - optimization for how the new music is loaded
- #97 / #107 - allow volume control for both sfx and the new music separately
- #103 + #104 - minor extras like docs and project logistics
Special thanks to @JGelfand for most the work! :-)
Forum announcement: http://forum.terasology.org/threads/v1-4-1-released-misc-quality-of-life-fixes.1601 (matches Steam etc)
Official soundtrack by NeonInsect released at last! Note that the app size went up a fair bit for that reason (9ish mb to 61mb with bundled JREs on top of that for PC)
The way our Android build is prepared also changed a bit, could be unexpected issues, especially on older devices.
- Star gates should no longer spawn within each other
- Ship icon should be visible while jumping between gates
- Equipped weapons should persist through reloads
- Lots of technical refactoring for later improvements
- Credits updated
- Mouse cursor may behave better in some edge cases reported occasionally (we upgraded LibGDX, the game library used by DS)
For playing on a PC we now also integrated the CrashReporter originally designed for Terasology, so it should be easier to report crash issues.
On a related note check out http://hastyhamster.net for a new game from Milosh, original creator of Destination Sol :-)
This is a small patch release with a couple fixes before we embark on something a little bigger in v1.4.0
- Mouse is less tied to the windowed version of the game, free to move in and out when in the menu.
- Game crashes should put a logged reason why in a little popup
- Minor renaming of some stuff
No Android release as there'd be no noticeable changes.
Controller support is in and some mouse issues have been fixed, especially when running in full screen at a resolution that doesn't match your native aspect ratio. You can now also change input mappings in-game, like changing what button shoots your weapon(s), woo!
- Added partial controller support. At this stage the ship can be controlled using a controller while the menu items can be accessed via keyboard or mouse.
- Added the ability to change the controls from the options menu, i.e. change the key and controller mapping.
- Escape key can now be used to quit the game from the main menu.
- Credits screen updated.
- Fixed a bug where the background junk, dust and debris may not have appeared.
- Fixed a bug where the mouse controls weren't working correctly after changing resolution.
- Updated libGDX to latest version.
Note: The tutorial is deactivated if you set "Controller" as your input method.
This is a mostly internal release that restructures the way ships (and similar objects) are defined, making it easier to modify and create more.
No real user visible changes should stick out, maybe we fixed or broke something minor. Do let us know if anything changes! :-)
Related new guide on Steam on how to add a new ship with the new setup: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=481833955
Quick little change specific to better support running the game on Macs, particularly on Steam.
Bit of a pain to beta test a new platform on Steam so releasing this after some minimal testing :-)
Edit: Officially released!
First official release on GitHub with the new team woo! Fairly minor, focused on smaller bug fixes and code organizing to make it easier to make more changes.
- Migration to GitHub and general tidying up of code & structure
- You can now cycle through all resolutions supported by your system. No more crashing on unsupported ones.
- Key bindings can be changed, although not yet in the UI. Look for a settings.ini after running the game once.
- Linux support on Steam improved (we think? Please test!)
- Crash fix when changing from a two-gun ship to a smaller one-gun ship with a secondary gun equipped
- Fixed loss of a repair item every time you reload the same ship
- Fixed some minor wording in the tutorial
- Should work on Macs using Java 8 now
The size of the game zip is mostly from multiple bundled Javas (Windows, Linux 32-bit, Linux 64-bit). This will be optimized more in the future.
You can help beta-test this
(thus the pre-release tag) on Steam and Android - would be appreciated!
To beta test on Steam: Go to your library, right click Destination Sol, and enable Beta on its tab. Wait for the update, launch, confirm v1.1.0 in the bottom left and that the game works.