Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the Terasology Wiki!
This is a wiki for those interested in contributing to the development of the project.
Use the sidebar to arrive at the most central topics this wiki covers.
See What is Terasology for some more background information.
Interested in getting involved with working on the game? Check the Intro links in the sidebar :-)
There is a Quick Start for those already familiar with development.
How do you know what to work on? There is a suggestions forum on the website where you can get some ideas. Also, take a look at the open issues on the main repository or module repositories. Issues tagged as good first issues are good starting points.
Why isn't _____ working? Try making a post in the support forum to get help for your specific issue. Or ask in chat if anybody is available.
These pages offer more advanced insight into how specific features of the game are architected and why.
- Block Architecture - development overview of our Block system. (pending changes needed to make the game work in an applet again)
- Shape Architecture - defining 3D meshes via definitions in JSON!
- Block Shapes In Blender - more on shapes.
- Entity System Architecture - describes the structure and usage of the entity system.
- Events and Systems - describes how new game logic can be hooked in
We have several ways to get the word out on updates, and likewise there are several ways to contact us.
- Forum - new development / game topics will be posted here, and any questions answered.
- GitHub - "Watch" the official project here to be able to easily spot commits and changes.
- Discord - Alternative option to IRC, although all conversation is mirrored between the two
- Twitter - we'll tweet regularly about significant commits or new discussion topics posted, so "Follow" us for updates.
- Facebook - if you prefer to keep updated via Facebook you can "Like" us on there to keep up.
- Google+ - help prove people actually use G+ ! ;-)
- IRC - #terasology on Freenode
- Jenkins RSS - If you really want to know when something has just been built ;-)