🔊Decibel: Real-time Noise level Measurement
- The city life is not only fast but extremely draining due to the constant noise, be it in traffic or due to ever present construction.
- High noise is extremely deterrent to a healthy life and it causes issues like lack of sleep, migraines and difficulty in concentration.
- Decibel helps us to use the mobile as a sensor, here we implement noise levels, but the functionality could extend to any attributes that the mobile is capable of recording. (for example: using the camera, accelerometer, gyroscope, etc)
- Decibel helps its users to record the noise to measure the db levels. Exceeding db levels will be reported to the concerned authorities who can help to curb it.
- Real Time Application
- Sound Recording in background
- Decibel Measurement.
- Storage on Cloud(MQTT) to save user device memory
- Processing on cloud(Firebase)
Messages getting published to Cloud MQTT upon recording
Data getting sent to Firebase from Cloud MQTT
Email sent as alert .. because decibel level is high
- The user starts the Sound Recording with a button.
- The noise is processed in the app and the db levels are measured, along with getting the location.
- Measured db levels are sent to be stored on the MQTT cloud
- The db levels are categorized and sorted in Firebase.
- If the noise levels are hazardous for human-beings or other fauna, the concerned authorities will be notified.
- Notifications will be sent in the form of emails through firebase.