The Intelligent Car is a Rc controlled Car, which is capable of detecting faces or obstacles. It can be controlled by Mobile, it also offers different modes to drive with.
How does it work?
The intelligent car communicates with Java TCP Sockets, both the app and the Raspberry applications are written in Java. The Raspberries program needs Pi4J to access the Raspberry Pi GPIOs.
- The Facedetection is written in C++, the project can be found here.
Hardware/ Sensors, Motor Driver, Servo, Voltage regulator
- For measuring distance the Intelligent Car uses ultrasonic sensors
- To controll the high voltage of the motor the Intelligent Car uses a 10A, 5-25V motor driver
- To controll the direction the Intelligent Car uses standart servos, you can get them everywhere.
- To regulate the voltage i am using a standart 2A LM7805 with an heatsink.
To run CAR_SERVER.jar on the Raspberry you need to install wiringPi. You also need to install Java.
Wifi access point
For the wifi access point i m using the EDIMAX EW-7811UN . To setup the wifi access point two software components are required HostAPD to build up the wifi network and dnsmasq to bind the DHCP Server to the WLAN interface.