Traincraft - A mod for Minecraft
Here you will find the source code for the Official Traincraft Project.
What is Traincraft?
It adds new functionality and looks to the vanilla trains, and some other areas of the game. It adds over 80+ trains, wagons, and other vehicles. It also ads a completely new railway system with curved tracks and slopes. It was originaly started by Spitfire4466, then jointly developed with Mrbrutal, and now maintained by me, Mrbrutal. It has had well over 1,000,000 downloads and has been in development since 1.2.x versions of Minecraft.
Why are you posting the Source Code?
Since Spitfire4466 and me are exceedingly low on time to work on this project, open source was the only viable sollution. But since open source is something I've never done on this level or size, I'm a bit hessitant to do so. But in the hopes that I can still be a part of this and so that we can make Traincraft great again, I'm opening the source code for everyone to see. Furthermore, both versions of Traincraft will be open sourced, so that anyone willing to contribute will be able to contribute on both fronts.
- The main page with downloads: http://www.traincraft-mod.com
- The Blog and Forums page: http://blog.meansoft.si
- The Wiki: http://wiki.meansoft.si
- IRC: #Traincraft on Esper.net - Currently not used
An issue system or website will be provided in due time. Possibly, we might just use the GitHub's own system.
Regarding new features/behavior changes, please submit a Suggestion Issue to the Tracker before you write a single line of code. Keeping everyone on the same page saves time and effort and reduces negative experiences all around when a change turns out to be controversial.
For now, the focus should be on updating the mod to the 1.7.x and 1.8.x branches, before adding any new features. Those will be added when the rewrite version is being done.
Traincraft will follow standard Forge conventions for setting up and building a project, with a couple additional details (details to come).
There will also be a jenkins build engine available for setting things up, and building releases quicker (details to come).
Traincraft is licensed under a custom usage license tailored specifically for the project. It can be read here.
- You MAY you remix, transform, or build upon the sources material, but you MUST distribute your contributions under the same license as the original. Forks and edits of the Github Project SHOULD be for the purpose of contributing to the Official Traincraft Project.
- You MUST give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- Contributors should work along to distribute only one Official Traincraft build created from a fork.
- Official website is available for distribution of the Official Traincraft builds: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unofficial builds may NOT be named or distributed under the name "Traincraft" but MUST contain a statement explicitely showing it is a derivative of the Official Traincraft mod.
- You may NOT use the material for commercial purposes.
- You may NOT use Traincraft Art Assets in other projects unless the project is intended to operate alongside Traincraft or is the Official continuation of Traincraft. Examples are Addons and InterMod Integration. Art assests include and are not limited to: Textures, Models(.obj or source code), Sounds, Any other art part of Traincraft.
- All contributions to the Official Traincraft Project must be covered by a Contributor Licensing Agreement signed by the contributor.