Why should i use YUME?
Developing a complex 3D application is a hard challenge. If you want to create a real product, working just with three.js or an other 3D library is sometimes insufficient. YUME integrates different frameworks to create one comprehensive platform with many useful features.
- Node.js and its modules provide server side features to meet multiplayer or storage requirements (accounts, highscores etc.).
- Express provides features for creating server side web applications. Games can benefit of templating, sessions, authentication, compression, caching and more.
- Three.js is a great library for developing 3D content based on WebGL.
- Browserify guarantees modular programming style and robust dependency management.
- Grunt is our internal task runner and build tool.
- Bootstrap provides a basic HTML/CSS template.
- Less simplifies styling.
The demo-application shows different features of YUME.
- stage loading and changing (via loading screen)
- advanced First-Person Controls
- UI elements (e.g. modal dialogs for menus, inventory etc.)
- interaction system for First-Person adventures or shooters
- simple collision detection
- i18n (text files for each local)
- basic animation system
- elementary audio system based on WebAudio
- savegame and settings managers
- topic-based publish/subscribe
- post-processing with some exemplary shaders
- simple particle system
- some game entities for AI programming (state-driven agents, steering behaviors, graphs etc.)
Check out the official documentation for more information.