Clone this wiki locally
Sign-style SignPortals can to be set up to teleport specified entities within a cuboid area around the sign when the sign receives a redstone signal. This means you could set up a redstone contraption that ultimately teleports all animals or players in a room to the destination on the sign.
Read how to create Sign-style signs.
On the first line of the sign, specify what to teleport, how large of a radius, and optionally an offset direction (relative to the sign). The format for this line looks like
[A:5:UP] which means that A (animals) within a 10x10x10 cube above the sign (starting on the same y level as the sign) will be teleported to the destination on the sign when the sign receives a redstone pulse.
To explain further, the first line must first start with
then the option for what to teleport:
- A - animals
- P - players
- M - monsters
- ALL - all living entities
Followed by a
:, then a number representing the "radius" of the cuboid (The length/width/height of the cuboid will be double the radius).
Optionall, follow the raidus with another
then the option for the direction of the cuboid:
- UP - cuboid above the sign, including the sign's y-level as the base
- DOWN - cuboid below the sign, including the sign's y-level as the top
- NORTH - cuboid north of the sign, including the sign's x position in the south side
- SOUTH - cuboid south of the sign, including the sign's x position in the north side
- EAST - cuboid east of the sign, including the sign's z position in the west side
- WEST - cuboid west of the sign, including the sign's z position in the east side
(Not entering this optional part will cause the cuboid to be centered on the sign)
Finally, end the line with a
[ALL:10] - All living entities within 10 blocks of the sign [M:1:UP] - Monsters directly above the sign
If what you put on the top line turns green, then you've entered a valid combination!