Introduction to graphing with the ggplot2 package
Materials accompanying the presentation ("Introduction to ggplot2") at the Davis R-Users Group Meeting on March 13, 2015.
- To follow along with the slides, go to: http://myfanwy.github.io/ggplot2Intro/slides.html#1
- To download with the slides in pdf form (sorry edges are a bit cut off), go to: http://myfanwy.github.io/ggplot2Intro/slides.pdf
- For the ggplot2 demo code, see the demo.r file (requires sourcing the data folder to generate plots)
- Visual Schematic of ggplot() syntax: http://myfanwy.github.io/ggplot2Intro/ggplot_structure.png
- Note: A small fire occurred between ~23:10 - 25:40. Feel free to skip, as no graphing took place within this interval :)
- Special thanks to Brandon R for his online input about mapping aesthetics to discrete vs. continous variables during the screencast :)