Please sign in to comment.
Remove the "Confirm exit" setting.
The "Confirm exit" setting is another setting that changes the behavior of an action based on a setting, and, therefore, should actually be handled through binding the exit key to the appropriate action. This patch adds a new action Main Menu/EXITPROMPT which displays a prompt before exiting and uses the existing Main Menu/EXIT action to exit without prompting the user. This allows users to choose whether mythfrontend should prompt them before exit and even allows a user to bind different keys to each action so they can exit with a prompt in some cases (such as when using Escape key, often bound to the Stop button on remotes) and exit without a prompt in other cases (such as when using the key bound to the Power button on their remote or a keyboard shortcut that's not mapped on their remote). Key bindings are updated automatically based on the currently-specified "Confirm exit" setting such that the key mapped to EXIT is re-mapped to EXITPROMPT is "Confirm exit" is enabled. The default behavior for new MythTV systems is unchanged--EXITPROMPT will be mapped to the Escape key since the "Confirm Exit" setting defaulted to enabled. Thanks to [R] on IRC for the idea, and to skd5aner and stuartm on IRC for the final push to finish and the inspiration to figure out that last 10% of the patch.
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 87 additions and 35 deletions.
- +1 −1 mythtv/bindings/perl/MythTV.pm
- +1 −1 mythtv/bindings/python/MythTV/static.py
- +64 −1 mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp
- +3 −1 mythtv/libs/libmythui/mythmainwindow.cpp
- +8 −4 mythtv/libs/libmythui/myththemedmenu.cpp
- +1 −20 mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/globalsettings.cpp
- +8 −6 mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp
- +1 −1 mythtv/programs/mythtv-setup/main.cpp