Welcome to the web page for the 29th Project Week!
The 29th NA-MIC Project Week will be held during the week of July 16-20, 2018 at the Robarts Research Institute, Western University.
Please read about our experience in running these events since 2005: Increasing the Impact of Medical Image Computing Using Community-Based Open-Access Hackathons: the NA-MIC and 3D Slicer Experience.
The 29th NA-MIC PW Event album.
To receive information and announcments about the events please join the Slack group (for questions dedicated to this event).
- Dates: July 16-20, 2018.
- Location: Robarts Research Institute
- REGISTRATION: https://event-wizard.com/Slicer2018/0/register/
- Hotel: No formal arrangement has been made, but some options are:
- Parking: Visitor parking is available at $12/day (sorry!) in the nearby hospital visitor parking garage. University of Western Ontario parking information is available here
Local Organizing Committee
Host: Terry Peters, Robarts Scientist; Professor Medical Imaging; Medical Biophysics; Biomedical Engineering
Email Local Organizing Committee:
Frequently Asked Questions
- When, where, how much?
- How does it work?
- Who can attend?
- Who should attend?
- What else?
- Who to contact?
|=||Monday July 16||Tuesday July 17||Wednesday July 18||Thursday July 19||Friday July 20|
|10:00||Segmentation tutorial/breakout||Augmented/virtual reality demo/breakout|
|12:00||Arrival and Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||--- Fin ---|
|13:00||Kick-off and projects||Registration tutorial/breakout|
|15:00||Image-guided therapy tutorial/breakout|
|16:00||Clinical interaction session|
|19:00||End of day||End of day||End of day||Organized|
- SlicerAR (Adam Rankin, Mitchell Doughty)
Image Guided Therapy
- TEE Probe Calibration (Leah Groves and Golafsoun Ameri)
- Ultrasound-guided kidney needle simulator (Lyla Mu)
- Real-time segmentation using machine learning (Derek Gillies)
- Working with the Slicer VMTK Extension (Michael Schumaker, Eman Arnout, Olga Trichtchenko, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin)
- Slicer Mitral Valve (Patrick Carnahan)
- Brain Tumour Segmentation (Daiana Pur)
- Fetal Brain Segmentation and Volumization (Estee Goldberg, Denis Kikinov and Wenyao Xia)
- Interactive Segmentatin Using SegmentEditor (Houssem Gueziri)
- Brain Ventricle Segmentation (Hassan Haddad)
- Jupyter notebook integration (Andras Lasso, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin)
- Deformable transfoms performance test (Tamas Ungi, Tristan Watts-Willis, Andras Lasso)
- Add curve tool to Markups (Andras Lasso)
- Slicer Custom App (Tristan Watts-Willis, Tamas Ungi, Andras Lasso, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin)
- Webcams in Slicer (Adam Rankin, Elvis Chen)
- Endoscope View Quantification (Franklin King)
- Scanner Remote Control (Ahmed Mahran, Franklin King)
- Augmented/Virtual reality
- SlicerIGT: presentation about how to build Slicer-based real-time image-guidance and navigation systems
Clinical Interaction Session
We have invited a number of clinicians from a variety of specialties to visit, present, discuss, or just generally engage with the community in order to faciliate meaningful and useful progress.
- Daniel Allen (Robarts Research Institute)
- Golafsoun Ameri (Robarts Research Institute)
- Udunna Anazodo (LHRI)
- Eman Arnout (LHSC)
- Patrick Carnahan (Robarts Research Institute, Western University) @pcarnah
- Elvis Chen (Robarts Research)
- Mamadou Diop (Western)
- Mitchell Doughty (Sunnybrook Research Institute)
- Mena Gaed (Robarts Research Institute)
- Estee Goldberg (Western University )
- Leah Groves (Robarts Research Institute)
- Houssem Gueziri (MNI)
- Hassan Haddad (Western University)
- Ikhlas Hashi (Western University)
- Nobuhiko Hata (Brigham and Women's Hospital)
- Dimuthu Henadeerage Don (Robarts Research Institute)
- Mason Kadem (Brain and mind)
- Denis Kikinov (Western University) @dkikinov
- Franklin King (Brigham and Women's Hospital)
- Andras Lasso (PerkLab, Queen's University) @lassoan
- Jonathan Lau (Western University)
- Derek Gillies (Robarts Research Institute) @gilliesd
- YingLi Lu (Robarts Research Institute)
- Ahmed Mahran (Brigham and Women's Hospital)
- Pankhuri Malik (Western University)
- Lyla Mu (Western University)
- Hareem Nisar (Student)
- Daiana Pur (Western University) @dpuruwo
- Adam Rankin (Robarts Research Institute) @adamrankin
- Michael Schumaker (Sunnybrook Research Institute) @mschumak
- Tamas Ungi (Queen's University) @ungi
- Reid Vassallo (Robarts)
- Tristan Watts-Willis (Verdure Imaging Inc.) @xTdub
- Wenyao Xia (Western University)
- Yiming Xiao (Robarts Research Institute, Western University)
- Yaojie Zhou (Robarts Imaging)
- Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin (Kitware, Inc.) @jcfr
Do not add your name to this list - it is maintained by the organizers based on your paid registration.