Welcome to the Taverna caGrid Project!
caGrid is the underlying service-oriented infrastructure that supports the National Cancer Informatics Program (NCIP). Driven primarily by scientific use cases from the cancer research community, it caGrid provides the necessary core infrastructure to facilitate interoperability.
caGrid Workflow is an Open Source project written in Java, and makes use of caGrid core services and the Taverna workbench to enable orchestration of complex workflows; it employs three components:
- [Taverna Workbench] (http://www.taverna.org.uk/documentation/taverna-2-x/) - Taverna is an open source and domain-independent Workflow Management System – a suite of tools used to design and execute scientific workflows and aid in silico experimentation.
- [caGrid Plug-in for Taverna Workbench] (http://www.taverna.org.uk/introduction/related-projects/cagrid/) - (this project) Enables Taverna Workbench users to securely connect to caGrid services and build workflows between them
- [caGrid Workflow Service] (http://www.cagrid.org/display/workflow14/Home) - is a caGrid WSRF service that accepts Taverna SCUFL workflows, securely orchestrates interactions between services, and returns the requested data set to the caller
Except where noted in the source header, Taverna caGrid is distributed under the BSD 3-Clause License. Please see the NOTICE and LICENSE files for details.
You will find more details about Taverna caGrid in the following links:
- [caGrid.org Wiki] (https://wiki.cagrid.org)
- [How to Create a Workflow Using Taverna] (http://www.cagrid.org/display/knowledgebase/How+to+Create+CaGrid+Workflow+Using+Taverna)
- [Taverna Project's caGrid Overview] (http://www.taverna.org.uk/introduction/related-projects/cagrid/)
- [Code Repository] (https://github.com/NCIP/taverna-grid)
- [Issue Tracker] (https://tracker.nci.nih.gov/browse/CAGRID)
- [Mailing List] (https://list.nih.gov/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A0=cagrid_users-l)
Please join us in further developing and improving Taverna caGrid!