#NDbUnit is a .NET library for managing database state during unit testing.#
NDbUnit may be used to increase repeat-ability in unit tests that interact with a database by ensuring that the database's state is consistent across execution of tests. NDbUnit does this by allowing the unit test to perform an operation on a dataset before or after the execution of a test, thus ensuring a consistent state.
To better understand how NDbUnit works, check out the Quick Start Guide
The easiest way to get NDbUnit is via the NuGet Package Manager from right inside Visual Studio!
- is an open-source Apache 2.0-licensed project
- is written in C#
- compiled against the .NET 2.0 CLR and runs with the 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5 fx releases
- borrows many ideas from DbUnit, and makes them available for the .NET platform
NDbUnit supports the following Database Server Targets:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 2008, 2012, 2014 (Express thru Enterprise)
- Microsoft SQL Server CE 2005 and 2008
- Microsoft OleDB-supported databases
- PostgreSQL through 9.4
- Oracle (XE thru Enterprise, tested up to 12c)
For additional planned features and enhancements, see the Project Road-Map.