Colors & Formatting:
- Colors and formatting normally go on until changed/removed, but they reset on new lines
- Color tags:
- When you use a color it will override the last one
- Formatting tags:
- When you use a formatting tag it will enable this formatting
- When you use a close tag of a format it will disable that formatting
- The color and formatting inside a hover is seperate (start with nothing, resets each line)
- Tags are not case sensitive
- The following tags are equivalents:
- The break symbol is:
- Using it will cause the text to wrap to the next line in chat, so if
[break][break]is used it will leave an empty line
- The end of a list element (string) does NOT automatically result in a break in the chat
- After using
[break]there may not be more text in this line, from there only more
[break]tags are allowed (more text can go in a new list entry)
Special effect tags:
- Tags are for adding special effects to a part of the text, used as the following:
- Supported tags:
- Link: If clicked it will cause a “Do you want to visit this website?” popup
- Hover: If hovered over with the mouse it will give information in a little box
- You can use multiple lines with this tag to get multi-line hover popups
- Suggest: If clicked it will put a string into the chat box
- Command: If clicked it will execute a command as the player
- The hover tag supports all colors and formatting like with normal text
- Tags do not need to be indented, but normally are for readability
- Tags are not case sensitive
[esc]can be used to escape 1 character, so if you want to have
link: example.comas text you need a
[esc]in front of this. Then the first character will be escaped and since
ink:is not a valid tag anymore it will be shown as text instead of being used as link on the previous text part.
[esc][esc]in the text will result in the text
[esc]being printed, the first escape will be handled as such, this will escape
[and therefore the text behind this will be
esc]and this is just text
- Also works for variables
- Use lowercase characters for tags
- When using a special effect tag indent the line by 4 spaces (up for debate)
The below examples assume writing the format in YAML format.
A simple message without any formatting.
message: "You do not have permission to use that command!"
A message that is bold and red to make it look more serious.
message: "[red][bold]You really do not have permission!"
A message with more color and format changes.
message: "[red][bold]You[/bold] really do not have [green][underline]permission[reset]!"
A multi-line message.
message: - "First line" - "[red], still on the first line[break]" - "Second line because of the break above" - ", but no color."
Using hover/click parts
A message with some hover tooltips, each hover will start on a new line.
message: - "Hello there!" - " hover: Have a good day!" - " hover: Second tooltip line :)"
A message with a tooltip and command.
message: - "Hello there!" - " hover: Click me to use /help!" - " command: /help"