- GameBoy emulator utilizing LLVM for translating GameBoy bytecode to native
- Sources at https://github.com/NTmatter/LLBoy
- More detailed documentation at http://www.axante.net/projects/llboy
- LLVM Core 3.2 (compiled-in to generate native translation)
- Clang 3.2 (binary only, builds LTO opcode bitcode file)
- CMake 2.8 (binary only, for building)
- QT 4.7.0 (will be required later)
LLVM and Clang 3.2 headers and binaries should be installed on the system. In some cases, the development headers will be missing, or the cmake configuration files may not be present. It is generally easiest to download the latest from llvm.org.
To install LLVM and Clang to the location of your choosing:
# Extract llvm and clang sources tar xzf llvm-3.2.src.tar.gz tar xzf clang-3.2.src.tar.gz # Move clang sources into llvm for automatic build mv clang-3.2.src llvm-3.2.src/tools/clang # Do an out-of-tree build mkdir llvm-3.2.build cd llvm-3.2.build cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/example/clang+llvm-3.2 ../llvm-3.2.src make sudo make install
cd LLboy mkdir bin cd bin CC=/example/clang+llvm-3.2/bin/clang CXX=/example/clang+llvm-3.2/bin/clang++ \ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DLLVM_ROOT:path=/example/clang+llvm-3.2 ../src make all test
- Games, ROMs, or information pointing thereto will not be distributed by the project
- Software will be designed in a manner that requires an original version of the game cartridge
- The End-user is responsible for the fair-use format shifting required to use the emulator
- Hardware emulation is based upon publicly available information
Copyright (c) 2011 Thomas Johnson
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.