Low Effort Sensing
A platform for low-effort data collection on the iPhone and Apple Watch enabled by the 4X process.
- Backend: a Node.js and Parse Cloud backend that coordinates the collection and querying of data from users.
- Data Analysis: a set of Jupter Notebooks for analyzing log data from previous studies.
- Make sure you have an iPhone with an Apple Watch paired to the phone.
- Clone the repo and run
- Run application and wait for installation to complete
- On iPhone, launch the Watch application and install the low-effort-sensing WatchKit App. Wait for app to install on Watch.
Development on iOS
- You will need 5 separate provisioning profiles to build on device (iPhone Application, Today Widget, Watch Application, Watch Extension, and Notification Extension). Please talk to either Kapil or Yongsung to obtain these.
- Run the application.
- Make sure you have all 5 enterprise provisioning profiles iPhone Application, Today Widget, Watch Application, Watch Extension, and Notification Extension) and the NU enterprise deployment certificate. Please talk to either Kapil or Yongsung to obtain these.
- Close Xcode and navigate to the local repository.
chmod +x LES_Enterprise_export.shto make the shell script executable and then
./LES_Enterprise_export.shto execute. This will start cleaning, archiving, and exporting LES as an
- Once the process is complete, the .ipa file can be found in low-effort-sensing.ipa/low-effort-sensing.ipa. To deploy to users, we recommend using Diwai.