- Introduced concept of Experimental Features. These features are not included by default in "Falcor.h" and are instead part of a new "FalcorExperimental.h" header. DXR is considered an experimental feature.
- Render Graph and a set of Render Passes are released as an experimental feature. Most existing effects can also be used as a render pass.
- D3D Feature Level is now automatically selected by default
- Check Vulkan device's max supported API version if user requested a specific version
- RGB32 format no longer disabled on AMD GPUs now that drivers support it correctly
- RGB32 format support is checked when loading textures in Vulkan
- Added macro for suppressing deprecation warnings
- Add option to Gui::pushWindow() to choose if it should be have focus or not
- Add RenderContext::getBindFlags() getter
- Add Sampler::getDesc() getter
- Add Material::isEmissive() getter
alphaTest()that uses Slang generics to select Sample method
- Add scene_unit key to fscene
- Add error check for missing file in Program creation
- Store scene bounding box in Scene, add getter
- Change OBJ/MTL to use SpecGloss by default, overrideable with metal_rough key in fscene
- Add frame reset option to video encoder UI
- Make video encoder retain options (do not delete the UI class between exports)
- Renamed getTriNormalsAndEdges to getTriNormalsAndEdgesInObjectSpace to clarify it's in object space
- Renamed getGeometricNormal to getGeometricNormalW to clarify it's in world space
- Loading of GLTF models has been enabled
- RenderGraphEditor: A visual, node-based tool for creating and editing render graph scripts.
- RenderGraphViewer: Load scenes and render them with a render graph.
- SamplePassLibrary: Demonstration of how to write render passes that compile to DLLs, and how they can be loaded from render graph scripts.
- Fixed reflection data to use row major flag from Slang
- Fixed bug in RtProgram::addDefine() methods
- Fixed bug in scene exporter that it aborted on nan/inf
- Fixed Vulkan image tiling flag selection for textures
- Device::isExtensionSupported() - Use isFeatureSupported() instead.
- Updated packman to 5.7.1
- Updated Slang to 0.11.8
- Updated Falcor Media to 2.2.1