Capital One Software Engineering Summit (Summer 2019)
Submission for CapitalOne's Mindsumo challenge to Build a Web App that serves as a National Park Service Information Kiosk.
Libraries and APIs
- National Park API to present national park information
- Requests to parse JSON data
- Mapbox for providing map resources
- List Details
- News Releases
- Visitor centers
- Lesson plans
- Map Visualizations
- NPS Relevant Symbols
- Some API endpoints are broken. Could have used image resources for campgrounds
- Not sure how to implement data caching, this could help improve speeds from API calls
- Implementing search suggestions
- Some JSON data returned for some locations have a lot of empty fields. This makes the user experience a little jarring.
- Passing data to other pages using forms and passing form data to django python files
- Styling a sticky "Categories" section on detail page
- Style a footer that fixes to bottom of viewport when there is not enough content
Copyright 2019 Nadine Rodriguez
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.