Setting up SMTP with Nameless (e.g. Gmail or Outlook)
Gmail or SMTP can be set up with Nameless if the default email configuration doesn't work.
In order to do this, head into the
AdminCP -> Core -> Email tab, and disable the
Use PHP mail() function option.
The fields below this option need filling out depending on whether you wish to use Gmail or SMTP.
- The username is your Gmail address
- The password is your Gmail account password
- The name field is your site name
- The host is smtp.gmail.com
- Enable the Less secure through this link. https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps?pli=1
Outlook / Hotmail / Live
- The username is your email address (e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The password is your email account password
- The name field should be your website name (though you can put anything here)
- The host is
smtp-mail.outlook.com(port: 587, encryption: STARTTLS)
Other SMTP servers
- The username is the email address from your SMTP server
- The password is the password associated with your SMTP email address
- The name field is your site name, or whatever name you want to be displayed in the "From" field in the email
- The host is the hostname of your SMTP server, such as your SMTP server's IP address
There are additional fields within
core/email.php, including the SMTP server port, however these require manual configuration.