Nancy Logo Guidelines
This document defines the basic guidelines on how Nancy logo should be presented. That is, given a certain context, this document outlines which of the different logo variants should be used.
The purpose of this is to guide the end user of the logos through their usage, to obtain the best looks out of them, and as well to ensure and preserve Nancy's image and aesthetics.
Nancy's logo was designed with these goals in mind:
- Simple and elegant
- Strong personality with a feminine touch
- Inspired by (1930s art deco)
- Should contain both text and a self identifying emblem (logotype + logo)
- Should vary in style depending on the context (see below)
- Should scale well up and down
Following these goals, Nancy's logo design is made of a silhouette portraying a woman's profile against a negative space, plus a sleek, capitalized, sharp cornered font type to balance the curves from the silhouette. Combined, they inspire simplicity, sophistication, elegance and harmony.
The logo may be presented in any of these variants:
Silhouette + type (horizontal):
Silhouette + type framed (horizontal):
Silhouette + type (vertical):
Silhouette + type framed (vertical):
Framed silhouette + unframed type (horizontal):
Note that no color has been used. That is intentional. By default, the logo variants have no color in them. In addition to the variants shown above, each of them may be used inverted (e.g.: black over white can become white over black and vice versa).
If the use of colors is required given a certain graphical need, you should ask advice to Nancy's team before doing so.
Logos need a breathing space to live, especially when they are nearby other logos.
An 'X' height is defined for each of our logos. It is required at minimum 1/2 of this X-height around any of the logos, but it is recommend very strongly that you maintain a full X-height of space around the logo and advise using a minimum X-height margin around the logo only in extreme cases (for example, a design for a very small object like a pen.)
As a guidance, all .ai logo variants in our logo repository come with measurements for this purpose.
Below is an example of these measurements and the clear space used:
There is no restriction on how big any of the logos can be (as long as its size is justified by the context in which is used).
For smaller sizes there is a limit of 24 pixels tall for the silhouette, and the text (as well as any bounding boxes) should be limited in size accordingly.
Below is an example of allowed and not allowed small sizes:
- Never use the logo on similarly-colored backgrounds
- Never rearrange elements of the logo
- Never stretch, distort or rotate the logo
- Do not attempt to redraw the logos or otherwise recreate them. This could result in unauthorized logo variations getting spread around, and although intentions may be good, this could lead to Nancy's image corruption. Besides, you can easily get the logos from our public repository with no effort whatsoever, so why waste time!
If you create community content for Nancy, such as NuGet packages with extensions, then please refrain from using the Nancy logo. Instead use the provided Nancy Community logo as illustrated below.
This will help reduce confusion when it comes to asking the Nancy team for support when it is a community package, as well as highlight the fact that it was created by our awesome community!
The community logo is available in the following formats; ai, eps and png.
ABOUT THE REPOSITORY
All the logos can be found in Nancy's logo repository, located at:
Below is a description of the contents for each folder in the repository:
- eps: Logos in EPS format
- ai: Logos in Illustrator format
- png: Logos in PNG format, at 600 dpi
- favicon: Icon file (.ico) used as favicon
The "ai" folder contains the original sources, and they contain the measurements used to shape the different logo variants.
The "eps" and "png" folders contain the various logo variants ready to be used. For each variant we provide all the available options to choose from. That is:
- Black foregorund over white background (file name style: logo_variant + bf-wb + extension)
- White foreground over black background (file name style: logo_variant + wf-bb + extension)
- Black foreground over transparent (file name style: logo_variant + bf-tb + extension)
- White foreground over transparent (file name style: logo_variant + wf-tb + extension)