- We end up eating outside a lot!
- We are nearly-broke grad students :(
- To cook, we have no idea where to begin!
- We are so not alone :)
What it does
- So it runs alongside your Google Assistant, which means virtually any smart phone / Google Home devices
- Considering what you have in your inventory, and your food preferences (vegetarian?), gives you awesome recipes
- Also consider your cost/time availability (grad student priorities),
How we built it
Python + Requests + Flask + Google Actions
Challenges we ran into
- Had to learn to use a whole bunch of APIs overnight!
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Learned to use a whole bunch of APIs overnight :)
What we learned
What's next for CookStarter
- Add more features
- Integrate with a smart scale / smart refrigerator to track inventory better
- Integrate with stores (Walmart, Kroger, etc.) to auto-order (and make some money :D)