A minimal cocos2d-x iPhone / iPad project illustrating how to drag a sprite around the screen.
sudo npm install rapidgame -g rapidgame prebuild cd SpriteDraggerX rm lib rapidgame init .
This will symlink a
lib folder to RapidGame's prebuilt headers and libraries. You'll then be able to compile and run SpriteDraggerX.
If you'd like to learn more about creating a complete game, then check out the free Cocos2D-X book at WizardFu.com.
Topics covered in the SpriteDraggerX source code:
- Writing a minimal app delegate class to handle creating the window and GL view
- Receiving touch events from Cocos2D-X and translating them into dragging a sprite around the screen
- Animating the sprite via
- Includes an Xcode project
- Objective C is required to initialize iOS (App.h & App.mm)
- All other code is pure C++
SpriteDraggerX is licensed under the MIT license.