Bootstrap3 for OJS 3+
A community-built theme for OJS 3+ that implements Bootstrap 3 components.
- Download the latest release.
- Unpack the .zip file and move the
bootstrap3directory to your OJS installation at
- Login to the admin area of your OJS website. Browse to the
Pluginspage and enable the Bootstrap 3 theme.
- Browse to the
Appearancepage and select Bootstrap 3 from the theme option and save your change.
You can now see the Bootstrap 3 theme on your website. Go back to the
Appearance page (or refresh the page if it is still open) to view options to switch to any of the bundled Bootstrap 3 themes.
Some versions of the Bootstrap3 theme are only compatible with certain releases of OJS. This release list indicates which versions are compatible.
- Bootstrap3 v1.1.4 is compatible with OJS 3.1.1-1, 3.1.1-2.
- Bootstrap3 v1.1.3 is compatible with OJS 3.1.1-1.
- Bootstrap3 v1.1.2 is compatible with OJS 3.1.1.
- Bootstrap3 v1.1.1 is compatible with OJS 3.1.1.
- Bootstrap3 v1.1 is compatible with OJS 3.1.
- Bootstrap3 v1.0.2 is compatible with OJS 3.0.2.
- Bootstrap3 v1.0.1 is compatible with OJS 3.0.1.
- Bootstrap3 v1.0.0 is compatible with OJS 3.0.0.
This project was born at the 2016 PKP Sprint in Montreal. It aims to provide a common starting point for anyone who wants to build a custom theme for OJS 3.0.
This theme is a work-in-progress. It may not support all features of OJS 3.0 and some of the bundled themes could use some polish. It's intended to act as a base for custom development, but many journals may use it out-of-the-box.
If you see something that could be improved, please issue a Pull Request.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this theme:
- Nate Wright, @NateWr (PKP)
- Roger Gillis, @rcgillis (PKP/Dalhousie)
- Sophy Ouch, @sophyo (Érudit)
- Michael Felczak, @mfelczak (PKP)
- Marc Behiels (WebKitchen)
- Ted Roeder (Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory)
- William Alejandro Ortiz Porras, @wortizBiteca (Biteca Ltda, Columbia)
- Ramón Martins Sodoma da Fonseca (IBCIT, Brazil)
- Alexander Kiselev, @Avernial
- Nikos Kasioumis, @kasioumis
- Karam Qubsi, @karamqubsi
- Simon Mitternacht, @mittinatten
- Marco Tullney, @mtub
- Dennis Müller, @dennmuel (UB Mannheim)
- Fix: Escape user input in search template
- Fix: Missing privacy consent statements in registration form
- Fix: Fatal error on Editorial Team page
- Fix #68: Visual separation of multiple authors without affiliation/orcid
- Fix #72: HTML article galley display
- Fix: Use correct home URL in multi-journal installations
- Add: Pagination template in Bootstrap style #30
- Add: Article subtitles appear in issue table of contents
- Add: Indicate required registration form fields
- Update: Remote galleys displayed as primary galleys
- Update: Translations for da_DK, id_ID
- Fix: Don't try to load additional stylesheet for base theme
- Add: Custom navigation menu support
- Add: Subscription support
- Add: Author biographies on article details page
- Add: German and Serbian translations
- Add: RTL support (h/t Karam Qubsi)
- Update: New OJS/PKP logo in footer
- Update: Support new how-to-cite format
- Update: Split display of primary and supplementary galleys
- Update: Use SVG ORCID icon
- Fix: PDF view header styles
- Fix: Issue cover and description switch to column layout
- Update: Use new localised cover images methods for issue and article cover images
- Add: Show references on article details page
- Add: Add support for recaptcha on registration
- Fix: add missing Contact link to primary nav menu (h/t @Avernial)
- Fix: style the PDF view header and view pane
- Fix: forgotten password form (h/t @Avernial)
- Fix: remove deprecated privacy statement from submissions page
- Update: use localised cover images introduced in OJS 3.0.1
- Update: use new sidebar key introduced in OJS 3.0.1
- Initial release