NOTE: This is add-on is no longer being supported and will not be updated for EE3. Fork it if you like.
Fanceebox is a very basic accessory though, very useful. What it does is add fancybox to the control panel so you can call it from your custom fields' labels.
Read this article for a bit more context on adding HTML to your field labels.
You can add popups links to images, galleries and websites directly within your publish/edit page. These can be external or internal.
Now with fancybox support for your custom CP navigation via Zoo Flexible Admin.
- ExpressionEngine 2.x+
- Tested in 2.1.3, 2.2.0, 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 2.3.1
You can add one of the following classes to your a href tag in your custom field description:
<a class="fancy_iframe" href="http://fancybox.net">Fancybox</a>
Gallery of items
<a class="fancy_group" rel="group1" href="image1.jpg">Step 1</a>
<a class="fancy_group" rel="group1" href="image2.jpg">Step 2</a>
Zoo Flexible Admin
?iframe to the end of your custom links via Zoo Flexible Admin’s control panel.
You can update popup box sizes and settings however, at this time these options will need to be updated manually in the
Please see the fancybox api and their howto for more options.
- security update – deny direct access
Nov 9, 2011: 1.0.6
- added in add_package_path for 2.3.1 support
Aug 9, 2011: 1.0.5
- added in a packed version of the fanceebox js
- cleaned up the theme_folder_url setup a bit
Aug 7, 2011: 1.0.4
- added support for Zoo Flexible Admin (formerly NDG Flexible Admin)
- cleaned things up a bit
- changed license to MIT
- changed readme.txt to readme.textile and added what your reading now
Jan 23, 2011: 1.0.0
- Initial Release
To Do Thoughts
- Would be nice to setup this up in such a way to allow the editing of the fancybox options. Currently any adjustments have to be made manually in the fanceebox.js file. This would probably have to turn into an extension.