This code is for use in monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs) at the SciLifeLab National Genomics Infrastructure in Stockholm, Sweden.
See the documentation for a little more information.
- A script polls
statusdbfor a range of KPI statistics. These are logged to the innovatively titled
- The script runs on a cronjob, once per hour.
- It can be run from anywhere with access to statusdb, but
this will typically be on the
- Genomics Status can also access this data for plotting.
- A second script pulls information from the
kpidatabase and uses it to parse some templates using the
- At the time of writing, there are three templates - one for the internal dashboard, one for the external dashboard, and a HTML chunk to be displayed on the external website.
- This script will also be run on a cron job, scheduled to run a few minutes after the one described above.
- The dashboards work with raspberry PIs. These have a copy of
Firefox running which will poll the apache server on
tools. This will serve up the static HTML file generated in step 2.
Updating KPI Targets
The KPI targets are stored in a config file held in this repository.
To change them, fork the repository and change the file. Submit a
pull request and merge the changes. Then pull these changes to
This code was developed by Phil Ewels (@ewels) and Remi-Andre Olsen (@remiolsen). Feel free to get in touch if you have any queries.