The plugin is now deprecated. V8 heap snapshot generation is now integrated with Webapck bundling being an optional optimization step after code bundling. We recommend migrating your apps to use
nativescript-dev-webpackwith enabled snapshot generation. More info on how to setup Webpack bundling in NativeScript you can find here.
What You'll Find
/plugin- NativeScript plugin that downloads the correct snapshot package and prepares the app for using it.
To install the plugin:
tns install android-snapshot
Startup time tested on a Nexus 5 device:
|Bundled with snapshot||1600ms||2100ms|
- NativeScript CLI 2.1
- NativeScript Runtime for Android 2.1
- APK file size will be increased with 1.5MB (6MB with Angular).
- The installed application size will be increased with an additional 1.2MB (5MB with Angular).
- It is not possible to step into the embedded script from VS Code. You must use the CLI if you want to debug it.
- LiveSyncing may work in most cases, but is not officially supported.
- Snapshots are not compatible with the NativeScript webpack plugin.