Ecological interactions for the Scratchpads are provided by the EcoInt module, which allows for relationships between taxa and/or specimens to be recorded.
Provide functionality needed by current NHM Science Apps and phthiraptera.info
- Record interactions (taxon/specimen to taxon/specimen)
- Record type of interaction, with reference and other metadata
- Allow export of data in a form that can be ingested by GloBi (Scratchpads in general)
- Allow export of data in a form that can be ingested by NHm Interactions Bank (NHM Scratchpads)
- Allow biotic-nonbiotic interactions to be recorded (e.g. domiciliary pests)
- Interactions are recorded using the 'ecological_inetractions' node type.
- The search page is a custom Solr search page with facets added via the 'interactions' Context.
- Blocks on species pages are also provided by Solr, using a custom block, and are added by modifying the 'species-overview' Context.
- The relationship types are drawn from the Relations Ontology