Linking to ncbi
Enabling the widget
- From the administration menu bar got to Structure > Tools
- Find the Widgets section
- Click on the switch next to NCBI Widget to enable it (ON)
- Click Save
Accessing widget results
Once enabled, the widget will be visible as a new section called NCBI in the Description tab of your taxonomy viewer.
- A table will provide results associated with a taxon from all NCBI's databases; including Nucleotides and Proteins.
- Click on the Subtree or Direct links number to directly access the NCBI data
- Click on External links to expand it. These links are taxon related links to other third party resources, as provided by the NCBI API.
When no data are returned from BHL this section will not be visible.