Aim: Set the email and form settings for webforms and analyse the results.
- A webform (see Add a webform)
Time: 20 min
The email settings page allows you to send notification emails when a form has been submitted.
- Go to a webform page and click on the tab. The tab is now marked in blue and “+ Form components” is added to the tab. Click on “+ Form components” and select the option.
- To send notification to a specific email select “Address”, enter the respective email address and click on the button. Save the email settings as they are.
- To send a confirmation message to the user who submitted the form select “Component value”, select the field that contains the email of the user and click on the button. This will only work if you have used an email type field in our webform.
- In the 'E-mail template' section select “Custom template” in the drop down menu and enter some custom text in the field below, e.g. “Thank you for registering...”
The form settings page allows you to add a confirmation message to the website and limit submissions.
Go to a webform page and click on the tab. The tab is now marked in blue and “+ Form components” is added to the tab. Click on “+ Form components” and select theoption.
Add a confirmation message. This message will appear on the screen after the user has submitted the form.
Under PER USER SUBMISSION LIMIT limit each user to 1 submission ever. Save.
Submit the form a couple of times to test the confirmation message and notification emails.
- To view the resulting submission click on the tab. The tab is now marked in blue and “+ Submissions” is added to the tab. On the Submissions page you see a list of all submissions and can view, edit or delete single submissions.
- Click on “+ Submissions” and select the <+ Analysis> option. You will be presented with statistics for each field.
- Click on “+ Analysis” and select the <+ Table> option to view all submissions in a table format.
- Click on “+ Table” and select the <+ Download> option to download the results as a delimited text or Excel file. There are various option for selecting the fields and format for the download.
- The last results option is <+ Clear>. This will delete all submission, so be careful before you clear the form.