This project is being merged into Natural, Visit https://github.com/NaturalNode/natural for the latest changes.
After leaning about IBM's Watson *1, and reading Mind vs Machine *2, I wanted to better understand the state of Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Generation. This project is not a port of any existing libraries, although it does contain some code ported from Pythons NLTK, it serves more of a glue layer between existing tools, ideas and projects already used today.
- 1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watson_(artificial_intelligence_software)
- 2 http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/03/mind-vs-machine/8386/
Download, fork or clone the code, setup the 2 dependancies below.
- To use the POS Tagger download and install from http://code.google.com/p/hunpos/
- To use the Named Entity Tagger download and install from http://nlp.stanford.edu/software/CRF-NER.shtml
- WordPunctTokenizer (new)
- TreeBank Tokenizer (new)
- Project Home http://code.google.com/p/hunpos/ (DEPENDANCY)
- 38 POS Tags http://www.ling.upenn.edu/courses/Fall_2003/ling001/penn_treebank_pos.html
- The Stanford Named Entity Recognizer - http://nlp.stanford.edu/software/CRF-NER.shtml (DEPENDANCY)
- Download and run the Java Server
- java -mx600m -cp stanford-ner.jar edu.stanford.nlp.ie.NERServer -loadClassifier classifiers/ner-eng-ie.crf-4-conll-distsim.ser.gz -port 8000
- Break a sentence down into different parts, subject, predicate etc.
- Using the Porter Stemming Algorithm.
- More information about the algorithm can be found here - http://tartarus.org/~martin/PorterStemmer/.
Util.bigram(['The','fox','ran','fast']); // [ [ 'The', 'fox' ],[ 'fox', 'ran' ],[ 'ran', 'fast' ] ] Util.trigram(['The','fox','ran','fast']); // [ [ 'The', 'fox', 'ran' ], [ 'fox', 'ran', 'fast' ] ]
- Wordnet bindings have been started, you must download the wordnet database before you can play with it.
- NLTK Source http://code.google.com/p/nltk/source/browse/trunk/nltk/nltk/tokenize/punkt.py
This is started and well underway - http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/yago-naga/yago/
Copyright (c) 2011 Rob Ellis
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.