*Latest API of Effex (for Cinema 4D) *
This is the latest API/SDK for Effex for Cinema 4D (www.fluidsimulation.de)
It provides third parties with an SDK to access (read & modify) all simulation/framework data in Effex 2.7+. Furthermore it allows to extent Effex functionality with your own plugin nodes and provides tools for multiprocessor execution of such nodes.
Plugins for the following node types can currently be created
- Constraints (CS), Particle Constraints (PCS)
- Grid/Particle/Dual Forces (GF/PF/DF)
- Grid-/Particle Operators (GOP/POP)
Please see the examples in the 'source' folder.
- at least Cinema 4D R16 (to link against its api)
- Effex 2.70.77 (or higher)
- Visual Studio 2013 and XCode 5.x (but any C++11 compliant compiler should work)
How to use (There is a Visual Studio solution file available that is ready to compile but you need to..)
- add the cinema 4d api project to the VS solution
- Set c4d api as target dependency for the effex sdk project in VS
Alternatively you can add the source files and the api files to an existing C4D SDK project.
The folders in this repository contain the following files:
- api: the Effex API
- settings: just for user convenience the C4D API property presets required
- source: project example source code for each possible plugin node type
- res: project example plugins resource description files
The documentation of all API functions/classes/members can be found in the Effex documentation inside of Cinema 4D itself or in the online documentation (see http://help.fluidsimulation.de/EN/Effex/fx_api.html).
Also I have opened up a plugin development subforum in the Navié community forums (see http://www.fluidsimulation.de/community/viewforum.php?f=61). Feel free to ask any questions in there if the docs don't help.
Copyright 2016 Samir Kharchi, Navié
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use these files except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.